Sunday, February 23, 2020

Genre Research

As you can see, my ideas are all over the place. I feel like I don't have a particular genre defined. I just think of a story I like. However, I think it is best for me to investigate a little more on the genres of movies I like so I am able to find a kind of pattern.

I will use this blog as my thought process documentation:

List of my favorite films & what I like from them: 
  • Mix of romance with science fiction
  • Intense emotion
  • Abstract thought & ideas
  • Non linear storyline
2. Amelie (2001)
  • Production design
  • Unique style
  • Quirkiness 
  • Dives into someone's mannerisms
3. Frances Ha (2012)

  • Relatable !!!!!!!!!!! (I saw myself in her a lot WOW)
  • Art house style: music and b&w
  • Realism
  • Authenticity of character

  • Authentic
  • Good portrayal of unrepresented places in society
  • Colors, colors, colors. 
  • Beautiful shots
  • Captures the essence of something rather than a typical storyline.

  • Beautiful BEAUTIFUL shots
  • The emotion this movie gave me....
  • Subjects of rebelling from standard society
  • Ethereal 

  • DEEP EMOTION
  • Eye-opening


Now that I'm observing what I tend to like and focus on in a film, I think I can make a conclusion as to what I am looking for/trying to make. 
  • Emotion: I definitely like passionate stories that move your soul in one way or another. I need something to pierce me the same way my music does, and I want to be able to do that to others as well.
  • Aesthetics (Colors and set design): I don't believe I need to explain how aesthetically pleasing things capture my heart. 
  • Cinematography: Beautiful shots just get to me. It's just art. 
  • Human Soul: Looking at all of these movies, I believe I like movies that have to do with the struggles of being a human in general, and all of the emotions we experience as lost beings in this universe. 
I think I have a clearer understanding of my type of movie taste/style. I think I will use this to think better about a storyline as well as my purpose for it. 

Oh and its my bday today :) Feels weird to be nineteen. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment