Thursday, February 20, 2020

Making the Decision

Hello! Welcome to my blog posts for this year!

It feels nice to say that this is my second year in this class and this is my second time doing this project. I feel like I have the opportunity now to truly make something good since it is my second year and I have the chance to take what I learned last year along with this year. I have learned so much this year in this class, and it is the best class I've ever had in my high school years.

Okay now I'm sorry for going off on that little dramatic tangent but, it was a bit needed.

OKAY SO. This year I was actually going to pair up with someone else in the class. But our teacher gave us the opportunity to change partners, so I decided to team up with Sophie after realizing we were both really content each others precense. We actually met in this class and she's actually so cool!!!!!!!!! We share lots of interests and I knew that we could make something good together the moment I knew I could chose a new partner.

Even before our partnership in the project was official, the day we were told we could chose new partners, we were already having our first brainstorming sesh THAT night. We started a shared Google Doc, and as soon as we got home we started to talk about how we could approach this project. I made a table with a column for each person to write down their thoughts and ideas, but then we ended up just typing under the table. It was kind of funny because her and I were literally communicating through Google Docs, and then the postmodernist thoughts kicked in after thinking how funny it is that we are "texting" through a school assignment.

Anyway, after we both shared a bunch of links and little ideas, we got excited and decided to plan a sleepover so we could heavily brainstorm on this project. Unfortunately, we realized that the best ideas come up in the most random times, because at the sleepover our brains ultimately decided to not come up with many things, and then we fell asleep. We really thought we would stay up all night but... we love sleep as well.


This Google Doc shows our whole thinking process.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sc0ioqgjPdy5PzHqYypalUDbaYa1Tupa2AMYj9mr9kc/edit

And the thing that sparked our whole brainstorming idea was the music video for At the Door by the Strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment