Saturday, February 22, 2020

Sleepover dayz

Okay!

Time to get to work!

At last, Sophie and I had a sleepover. Like I said before, we were planning on staying up all night and forcing ourselves to come up with something exactly during that time. We were desperate to start this project just because we were so excited. We hung out, laughed, bonded, and ate cheese, chocolate, and ketchup. Before we knew it we were in deep sleep.

I think sleep helped spark our creativity as we woke up with a bunch of ideas! That morning we were coming up with different ideas and storylines. Looking for ideas, I played shuffle on my playlist to see if I can get inspired by my music. Surprisingly, I found myself making a whole storyline for every single song that was played, so I let Sophie know my source of inspiration.

Also, Sophie and I kept going on about how we picture little scenes or ideas so well!
She even sent me a song, asked me what I pictured without knowing what she thought, and we pictured the exact same thing. You can tell we both have something for movies in our head.

Here are some of the stories I came up according to the songs:

Me: Wildflower by Beach House
Girl goes to study at park and she sees a wildflower that captures her attention. She takes it home.
Scenes in black and white
She dies suddenly
Reincarnates as the flower

My love for Beach House is something I am not able to describe. This band's music makes me feel like I am floating in space. Anyway, I love this song from them. I tried to capture the dreamy essence of the band into a story. It is a simple story, but I feel like with certain techniques, this story can bring deep emotion into the audience.


Me: Luna by Zoe
Snippets of someone's life and everyday tasks
Closeup of getting a tattoo
Getting ready and looking in the mirror
Washing the dishes
Driving

Personally, I correlate this song with a point in my life where I was deeply in love. The snippets are supposed to be the little things one can fall in love with that no one really thinks about. The story would touch on love, loneliness, and bittersweet emotion. It would be simple, quiet, yet with a goal of grasping the heart.

Weekend Wars by MGMT
We are always waiting for the weekend
ALWAYS
That is the only time we ever really feel good. Because ew Monday and work and school.
Is our life really two days out of seven? We try to fit what we love doing in two days. Story: Text shows day of the week -------Monday------- and person bored, not having fun, just doing stuff, all the way until Friday. Then a fun weekend pops up and then back to Monday.

I feel like to make this a good piece we would have to really magnify the emotion and drama, because otherwise it is going to seem rather bland; just a story about someone waiting for the weekend. This pretty much talks about this concept.

This one Sophi came up with and I.... love it. 


Porcelain by RHCP
Teen struggling with pregnancy and drug addiction

**Sophi's vision of it might be a little different from mine**
Opening scene: Credits are shown in the beginning when person is driving, face isn't shown. When the person gets home, camera pans left to reveal person, she's pregnant.
She lives alone, is tired, puts away groceries, room shows empty crib ready to be used, she smiles and is happy her baby is coming. Her smile then turns into tears, she is really sad inside.
She injects heroin, and then she remembers being a little girl

I would probably have to explain my vision a little bit better when I think about it more.

Sophie and I talked about this song specifically and how melancholy we felt when the singer says "Little Lune." We want to capture that feeling. 


Sophie also had some more very good ideas. We are both consulting, reviewing, and compromising with what type of story and aesthetics we like. As you can tell we are both very very passionate people with some very good music taste so I feel like we will come up with something we both agree on soon!!
:pppp


No comments:

Post a Comment