Sunday, April 19, 2020

Editing

This is simply a summary of how my experience went editing.




Terribly.



I hate my computer.





Get me another one.


I really don't understand why my computer keeps saying it doesn't have space when I ALREADY DELETED EVERYTHING! This experience has been truly stressful in the technical aspects. Somehow a few days ago, as I was editing, my computer decided to delete my project. This was terrible. I cried. I had to start editing all over again with my slow computer and it was just heart wrenching. However, I will say that if my project wouldn't have deleted, I wouldn't have gone through all of the footage again, meaning I most probably wouldn't have added all the new things that I didn't see before. Everything happens for a reason?

Another word I would describe this process would be very meticulous. As I was trying to figure out a way to make a present for the color grading of my film, I realized I couldn't figure it out. Instead, I personally color graded each shot. That's right. Each shot. And it took me about 2 hours :) Same thing with the audio when my computer decided to freeze about 5 times. I'm starting to think my computer is out to get me. Anyway, I did have some trouble deciding whether I wanted to keep some funny bits or not. For example, there is a blooper of Gianni running into a pole (he pranked my mom and I, we thought he hit his head against it, but he hit his hand and acted as if he hit his head.) Either way, it was really funny. I was about to leave this in the sequence where he is running. However, I then realized that it didn't make sense for me to insert it. Even though I wanted to add some comedy, it just didn't go with the film and was more likely a distractor from the plot.

Another thing is that I realized I had some trouble with the mood. Originally, this film was supposed to be kind of a ridiculous drama; a sort of mockery. However, it ended up being a romantic drama. I really wanted it to have a hint of quirkiness or comedy to it. Maybe in the scene where he sells his clothes? It pretty much ended up being a drama romance, but I am also happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment