Saturday, April 11, 2020

Unexpected Problem

A few days ago as I was going about my day my actor tells me to FaceTime him.


He shaved his head.


As you can see this is a problem for me :)

He told me he didn't realize what he had done until he shaved it all off. Of course I get it. Quarantine is making us all bored. I didn't get bothered with Gianni, it honestly thought it was a pretty funny thing. At first I was down because it just made me insecure about my film because it will look so inconsistent and out of place to just have Gianni randomly appear without hair. However, my classmates gave me some advice on how to adapt to this sudden change of scenario. Because he will be pawning all of his belongings away, he event went to the extent to try to sell his hair. That is how ridiculous it got. 

Story change: Jack would now even sell his hair to get the baseball card for the person he loves the most. 

I guess this is a good thing because it adds to the story. It adds content. More for the audience to look at and observe. Of course, more doesn't always equal good. Like my teacher and many say, the simpler stories are the best. However,  I believe for my film in particular, I feel like a larger back story was most probably necessary. 

On the side track however, I've been getting very inspired lately. In what way would you ask? Well in the soul way???? I don't know. I feel like I can sometimes see what my soul looks like. I know this is super unrelated and weird I guess? But I feel very existential these days. This quarantine has pinned my soul down and made it realize who it is. I guess that means I am realizing who I am? I don't know. At the same time I feel like I have lived many past lives before. Or how else could you explain the way that I feel sometimes that have nothing to do with this Earth or what is going on. I feel like it is a spiritual feeling. Or maybe not. I don't know. I am becoming too aware of myself. One where I realize that I am solely a living thing in this universe. I exist. The fact that I exist and everything exists is just.... mind blowing for me. I know what I'm saying is super existential and obvious (like yea duh we exist). But if you think about it deeply it just makes me feel not human.

I don't know if it is the quarantine getting me this way, or its the typical thought process of a 19 year old in high school, or if it is just me as a person who thinks differently that others. Either way, I just sincerely hope that other people out there don't ignore their gift of life and existence. In this quarantine I have been thinking a lot about life. Some I'm positive, some days I'm negative, some days I'm tired, some days I'm curious. 

Most people feel like they have a purpose in their life. Their soul purpose. I feel like my soul was meant to be a creative soul. Even though I might not be the best right now, I feel like I have the duty to learn about art and creativity, so I can someday make something for those out there like me. 

Will continue to learn and improve my skills.

1 comment:

  1. I like the honesty and sincerity within this post. I am also glad that you are using your time in quarantine to engage in such a positive endeavor - reflection.

    ReplyDelete