Friday, March 6, 2020

Story: Picked. Lets: Do this.

Before I continue doing anything for this project, I think I should give some background to myself. My purpose for this is not a pity party, but it's my explanation to why this project is so important to me right now.

Last year I went through a lot. I'm still going through a lot, but I'm much better now. I know this is a sensitive topic, but I honestly just want to explain myself a little more. So first of all, my brother is an addict. He is 23 years old. He has had problems with addiction ever since he was 16, but it had gotten much worse in the last two years. It got so bad to the point that at times I didn't know where my brother was, or whether he is alive. Obviously, this took a huge toll on my mental health. I started seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist, and on top of that my heart had some sort of arrhythmia that really spooked me. Due to all this and much more, last year was really tough for me. I was at the hospital the day of the AS exam, so that's why I'm taking it this year. In the midst of this I still had to stay on task with my school work. My project last year was the best I could do at the moment, I just wasn't capable of reaching my full potential at the time for obvious reasons.

This year my brother is much better. He's out of rehab and he has a job now, but he has relapsed a few times. My mental health is better, but I am still very stressed because of school. I have to say that his class is the reason I still get excited for school. I love this class. I love my teacher. I love my classmates.

This year I really want to see what I can do now that I'm much more relaxed in my personal life.

Enough said... But I also wanted to announce the story I am going with! After giving it much thought, as well as taking advice from all around, I've decided to go with idea #2! A guy who wants to buy something for a girl but doesn't have any money, so he decided to pawn a bunch of his items, to the point where it gets a little ridiculous. I'm very excited to do this because I feel like it'll allow me to play with technique. YAY!

let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment