Saturday, March 14, 2020

Location - Khalid

In terms of location, this is a tricky one... I was planning on using an actual pawn shop until I searched for pawn shops in Miami. They were a no no :((. 

I found this: 


They just don't match my vision at all!!! All the other ones also look like this. It doesn't match with the misc-en scene that I was going for: a vintage looking pawn shop with the most obscure items. Inside these pawn shops are only fancy jewelry sections. 

I really wanted something like Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor. It doesn't have to scream 1800's candy store, but I love all of the different colors inside, especially the red. 

I did some research around the area that Jaxson's is in to see if I could use the streets around the area to film.
I found these streets. They are okay. They still don't 100% go with my vision but I will keep looking.



Then, instead of searching for pawn shops, I thought maybe I could film at a thrift shop without the audience knowing it was a thrift shop. I found some locations I really liked!!!
Fly Boutique is the name of this thrift shop. It is quite far from here (40 mins), which can be a little complicated for all the actors and all my helpers to travel here. However, I LOVE the aesthetic of it. Messy!! I am looking for cluttered spaces with lots of items everywhere! I am truly considering this area to be the pawn shop. I would have to call the location and ask if I can shoot there. Cross my fingers! 





I will update how the call goes and will decide to go visit to see if it qualifies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment