Sunday, March 22, 2020

Changes- David Bowie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-chANGES!!!

UGH.

I have to change my project.

Changes have been done. No more Cambridge exam. Short film is still on. Quarantine is still on.

My current story requires settings and characters that are currently not available due to the whole coronavirus/quarantine situation.

Lately I have been watching a lot of movies that could help inspire my new direction. I am now limited to my house, my neighborhood, and nature for my settings. However, for my actors, I am limited to my family members, and maybe some friends willing to help me, although that wouldn't be the best idea #socialdistancing.

I still haven't sat down to think deeply about how I will change my story in terms of plot, but I do have some other factors I would have to focus on more. Light, music, camera movement, are a few examples of things I should focus on more deeply now.

I think I would have to incorporate slower scenes and less dialogue for my short film. This would make my short film more dramatic... And I don't know if I want to do that since my previous idea was more lenient to more of a humorous "drama". I was going to use a very good actor that is able to make the character humorous in a successful way. Now I will have to use my family members (they're not very good actors, except my dad, but I don't live with him).

I have to think about the story, the genre, and the purpose of the story all over again. I will write again when I have thought this more thoroughly as of right now I am in a conundrum...

However, these are some films I have watched recently that have made me think about slower/home filming in which I could see myself doing.

The slowness of the Florida Project and how the whole film is mostly in one setting.

The slowness and cinematography of Midsommar.


No comments:

Post a Comment